I can't quite figure out how to represent in writing the way the RHs of NJ pronounce "therapy." The only other way I've ever heard it pronounced is, "Thair-apy," but they pronounce that 'e' as 'eh,' and it really throws the whole thing off for me.
True story: That's almost the most interesting thing to happen in tonight's episode. Last week got a little exciting because Teresa ran back to her family after her friends dropped her like a hot rock, and I thought maybe her family would be like, "Well, screw you too!" and drama would ensue. Unfortunately, that was not the case (on the surface at least).
Shit got real, though, when Kathy and Rosie's mom told a story of how her father gave her up to his childless sister to fulfill a promise to his dying father. What. The. Hell. I got super teary-eyed, which was a departure from the boredom from the rest of the episode. Teresa's aunt needs "theh-rapy," for realz! That lady's been through the mill!
So basically, if you missed it, Teresa and Joe Gorga missed the point of theh-rapy entirely (shocker!), Caroline and Jacqueline made sour face about Teresa (wha?), Rosie is a lesbian whose sister is hellbent on pimping her out (seriously, what?), Rosie/Kathy's mom was part of some weird trade-off, and Albie has a new beard. I mean girlfriend. I mean beard. I think my favorite moment on this show has become when the cameramen show Gregg (Albie and Chris's "roommate") for no apparent reason. He does absolutely zero on this show but look glum and eat, and I think we already have Lauren to cover that. (That's not a fat hate joke. I'm a fat girl. That's an "I've heard so much about Lauren's body I want to scream" joke.) In other news, I don't like the name Gregg when there are three g's involved. Let's pronounce it "Greg-guh-guh."
No comments:
Post a Comment